CLICK HERE to complete a survey-style registration page if you are interested in adult lessons. For more general information about adult lessons, contact Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org. For kids programs, contact Drew at email@example.com.
Here’s a brief overview of our Classic Technique Clinic:
Before heading out, a brief discussion of modern cross country skis, their design, the merits of both waxable and waxless bases, and a short discussion on waxing; then, on the snow:
- Start at the beginning: falling down and getting up;
- Classic diagonal stride: emphasis on use of poles, weight shift and maintaining your glide;
- Classic technique: kick double pole, double pole, changing technique to rest and maintain efficiency;
- Downhill technique, skiing in control: nordic snow plow, step turns, double pole and a demo / introduction to christie and telemark turns;
- Turning and stopping;
- Climbing uphill: herring bone, side step, classic technique and running;
- Learning to use the terrain to your advantage to be an efficient skier; which technique for which terrain;
- Introduction to skate skiing: depending on progress and interest of the group.